12 year old boy was approached by an unknown man
By Team RESOLVEit
Nov 11th, 2018
Last week police were investigating an incident whereby a 12 year old walking to school in Cardiff was approached in a threatening manner.
Police reported that the 12 year old boy was approached by an unknown man between 7:30am and 7:50am. Parents were informed along with local primary schools.
However , later on this week a spokeswoman for South Wales Police reported 'This matter was reported to us and was treated seriously but following further investigation we found that this incident did not happen and is no longer being investigated'
Full article here :
Though it was found that the incident did not happen it is a reminder of the importance of personal safety whilst out and about for both adults and children.
Here are some safety tips:
- Be aware of your surroundings, walk with confidence , head up and without the distractions of phones or music.
- Don't be tempted to take shortcuts (for example alleys, lanes) and isolated areas to your destination , stick to well lit main routes and where possible vary your routine.
- Feel like you're being followed? Cross the road, turn to see who is behind you . If you are still being followed, keep moving make for a busy area and tell people what is happening.
- Walking to or home from school ? Where possible walk with friends , again avoiding alleys , lanes and isolated areas. Let a parent or guardian know roughly what time you will be back.
- Memorise a telephone number of someone you could get hold of in case of an emergency.
Check out our FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM pages for further information on our courses and tips .
Our new online platform is now up and running with personal safety and self defence courses you can do at your convenience, wherever you may be of www.tuborial.com
:image: MEDIA WALES
Tags: # #workshops #, # #workshops #classes #RESOLVEit #Cardiff